AR15-Pro: The Ultimate Armorers Kit by Real Avid
When Armalite developed the AR15 in the late 1950”s, they probably had no idea as to how popular it would become. They had limited success in selling it and finally in 1959, Colt purchased the gun and in 1963, the US military selected a fully automatic version to be their standard rifle, replacing the reliable M-14.
Without getting into a discussion of politics, suffice it to say that the anti-gun folks in the country mislabeled the rifle as an “assault rifle”. Whether on purpose or unintentional, they used the term to malign the rifle for the next 50+ years, ignoring the FACT that AR stood for Armalite Rifle, NOT Assault Rifle.
Over time, AR platform rifles have been developed with an infinite number of variations, from barrel types, calibers, stocks, and rails. There has never been a firearm in history that allowed the end user to modify it to where it bore no resemblance to the factory original. AR platform rifles have truly morphed into the Modern Sporting Rifle (MSR), capable of being tuned, tweaked and “polished” into a personal piece fitting each users' individual requirements.
With the capability of modifying your AR-platform rifle to suit your personal preferences, it makes sense that you have the proper tools to do the job. Without the proper tools, you wind up paying a gunsmith $50 - $100 to make changes or you wind up possibly damaging a very expensive piece of equipment. That being said, enter the AR15 Pro: Armorer's Master kit.
This kit has every tool that you need to either build an AR rifle from the 'ground up”, or take an existing one apart for a complete cleaning, as well as making the modifications to it that you have been planning on. The tools are tough, well designed and cover all aspects and variations of the AR rifle. Although not cheap, it is worth the investment if you ever plan on making modifications to your MSR.
The specifications (components) of the AR Armorer's Master Kit are:
1. Accu-Punch Hammer: gunsmithing hammer with 4 interchangeable heads for precise tap control, includes rubber, nylon, brass and steel hammerhead
2. Master-Fit Wrench Set: 12 specialized crowfoot builder wrenches that fit the most common AR15 assembly nut sizes; titanium coated stainless steel
3. Master-Ft Torque Wrench: heavy-duty ½” torque wrench
4. Lug-Lok Upper Vise Block: safely secures AR15 upper receiver into a bench vise
5. Smart-Fit AR15 Lower Vise Block: adjustable lower receiver bench block to ensure tight fit and solid support
6. AR15 Master Bench Block: holds 5 key AR15 components to easily remove or install pins – contoured for bolt, upper receiver, lower receiver, charging handle, trigger assembly features magnetic pin storage
7. Easy Grip Handguard Tool: ergonomic AR15 delta ring retractor
8. AR15 Pivot Pin Tool: simplified pivot pin installation fixture
9. AR15 Pin Punch Set: nickel-plated, hardened steel set of flat tip and roll pin punches in selection of sizes applicable for AR15 builds
10.Pin Alignment Tool: helps align and start tiny pins with ease
11. Professional Tool Case: keeps all the tools securely snapped-in and organized
And, for those who can use a bit of extra help, they included a DYI Manual – Top 18 Mods: instructional book with easy-to-follow, photo illustrated, step-by-step, how-to-do-it directions for the popular modifications for AR15’s.